Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sunday Reflections (on a Tuesday)




What going on everyone. Sorry that I didn’t have my Reflections up on Sunday, computer issues. Fortunately, they’re getting taken care of and things will be back to normal today, especially when I launch my NBA Preview, which is always one of my favorite posts.


Not having access to the internet this weekend was an interesting experience. I never realized how reliant I am of my computer. I use it to check my e-mails daily, watch most of my TV shows, get nearly all of my news and even use it to communicate with family. I didn’t even find out the results of the Machida and Shogun Rua UFC fight until Monday morning.

However, I did appreciate having the clarity of not being consistently reliant on technology.


Here are some other reflections:
-Saw two women in a store during the weekend. One of them had a Notre Dame t-shirt and the other one had a Yankees cap. I didn’t know which one I wanted to look at in a condescending way more. Speaking of which…

-One of my co-workers is a big Yankees fan and asked me who I was cheering for in the upcoming World Series.

As a Mets fan, this is one of those Series where you hope that no one wins. But, I would prefer to see the Yankees win and I’ll tell you why.

First, I resigned myself to the fact that the Yanks are the best team in baseball back in the middle of August. I’ve accepted it and if the best team wins the title, you really can’t knock it.

Second, as many times as the Yankees won the World Series in the 1990’s, my disgust wasn’t as strong as seeing those frickin Phillies win the title last year. While I will never openly cheer for the Yankees, I will never, ever wish success on any level for Philly.

I will never wish success for any teams in that city. I despise the Eagles with a passion, want to see the Flyers struggle on a yearly basis, have no love for the Sixers, even Temple can go kick rocks.

Bad part is that Philly is one of my favorite cities. I’ve enjoyed many fine moments there. Even the Phillies seem like good guys. I actually enjoy Rollins, Howard, Victorino, Hamels, even Brad Lidge barley holding on to his job as a closer is enjoyable. Just can’t cheer for the team, was raised that way.

As for the Yankees, it is what it is.

No comments: