Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Reflections



What’s going on everyone, hope this life is treating you right. We just finished our first full week of 2010 and its been solid. First…
Some music to listen to: Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart by Alicia Keys

I saw Alicia perform this on Saturday Night Live yesterday and she killed it as usual. She’s a great performer, singer, songwriter and not to mention, very, very attractive. I was feeling the ponytail. I haven’t done an updated top-five list in a while but she may crack the starting lineup.
-The weather here in Nashville has been brutally cold, by the standards of this city. We were excited today when the temperature got up into the mid-20’s. The problem isn’t the cold, it’s the snow and the lack of preparation this city has for it. First, the large majority of people here travel on their own, meaning more cars on the road to cause accidents. The major roads and highways aren’t an issue, but the side roads that aren’t used often have ice on them and your boy darn near busted his car sliding into 12th avenue several times.
This week also confirmed that I will not move away from a warm area of the country to live as long as its under my control. This cold weather isn’t the business.
-Darn Gilbert Arenas and his gun play. I spend more time than you would think defending the players in the NBA and telling people that they aren’t “thugs.” However, when Gil or even guys like Tyler Smith and three other players from the University of Tennessee perform criminal activities with firearms, its gets tougher for me.
-Is it sad that the Simpsons had their 450th episode on tonight that was advertised all through the Cards and Packers game yet I had no interest in watching?
-Huge week for the professional wrestling industry. I know that many of you don’t watch it but Hulk Hogan made his “official” debut with TNA Wrestling on Monday night and it was a good time. It was also TNA’s first ever live Monday night broadcast of iMPACT!, our weekly TV show. The significance of it being live on Monday was that it was in direct competition with WWE’s weekly Monday show.
Now you know I’m biased because I work for the company but I think we did a really good job with the show. We introduced a lot of content for fans to keep tuning in for the next few months.
When you work in the wrestling industry, people have one of three reactions when you tell them your job. First, they think its weird and mock the sport. The second one is that people who you didn’t expect to be fans mark out, meaning that they reveal to you how much they love the sport.
The third reaction is the most interesting and the one I actually like to receive the most. The people tell you that they’re a fan and then offer you criticism of the product. People have told me that they hate wrestlers that I enjoy greatly and even told me they liked wrestlers that I don’t find much intrigue in. The point of all of this is to get market research because as cliché as it sounds, at least for our industry, the most important thing is the fans. If our fans don’t come to our shows, watch us on TV, purchase our products, then problems.
 
-The NFL playoffs were decent this weekend. I would have been 1-3 this weekend, only hitting on the Dallas game. The Cards and Pack game was great accept for Joe Buck, he’s awful. Thankfully, I had the game on mute and avoided most of his monotone and apathy towards the contest.
Good fight and good night everybody.

2 comments:

Al_Roker said...

Remind me to never take you to Vegas to bet on football games.

Al_Roker said...

This is a test; I repeat: This is only a test.

MY PREVIOUS POST DIDN'T %$&%*(^)*&^_ WORK. DID YOU BLOCK ME, POURTOUT?!