Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Reflectons


Hey everyone, finally some Sunday Reflections on a Sunday!

Music to listen to: When in Rome by Nickel Creek



Always enjoyed their music. Nickel Creek needs to get back together.

This weekend was very relaxing after a long week at work. We have our big Nashville wrestling event on Nov. 9 at the Wildhorse Saloon that I expect each of you to attend. You will be hearing more about that in the next few days.

So I’ve been traveling all over Nashville promoting for the event, driving up to 50 miles a day doing it and it drains you. I was looking forward to not doing anything this weekend, even though it was Halloween.

Stayed in Friday night and got some excellent sleep.

On Saturday morning, I woke up and didn’t even leave my bed. I laid there for about an hour in complete silence, didn’t go back to sleep and enjoyed it. It was so calm. I need to do that more often.

While doing that, I thought about how often I DON’T take advantage of the calm moments of my life. I’m always trying to stay focused on my next task or endeavor but that shouldn’t be your reason to live your life.

On Saturday, I liked that moment and while I can’t do that everyday, I want to do it more often.

One slight bummer on the weekend was that I couldn’t hand out candy on Saturday night because I was working the Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech football game.

I was saddened by this because I really enjoy giving out candy to the kids. I wasn’t allowed to really celebrate Halloween as a kid but have made up for lost time by going overboard trying to make the kids happy.

I also didn’t get to dress up and see all of the costumes of people. Its funny how Halloween has turned into a time where people find excuses to look like fools. Women tend to dress in scandalous clothing and guys look like jackasses.

On my way driving to the game on Saturday, I saw a white guy in black face, I guess trying to look like a Black rapper. I wasn’t offended so much by the racism but more for the fact that he looked like an idiot. I was so taken aback from it that I missed my turn into a street while driving.

As a guy, seeing some of the women dressing in revealing clothing is appealing but sometimes its overboard. I don’t need to see everything in display.

1 comment:

Al_Roker said...

"I saw a white guy in black face, I guess trying to look like a Black rapper. I wasn’t offended so much by the racism"

Is it racism to dress up like a Native America like so many kids do? Or what about when kids dress up as angels or devils, is that sacriligious? What about kids dressed up as mummies? Do they offend those of Egyptian descent? I saw a boy dressed up like a girl with balloons for boobs, is that sexist? Was it racism when Robery Downey, Jr. played a black guy in "Tropic Thunder" or was it just done in the name of comedy?

Come on, there was no racism there, just someone dressing up.