Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunday Reflections on a Tuesday, but more importantly, Pourtout Pancakes is back in session!


Its been way too long since I’ve posted something here at Pourtout Pancakes. I figured that the best way to start writing again is to begin with a Sunday Reflections, granted its posted on a Tuesday, but you get the idea.

First some business:

Music to listen to: Prayer for England by Massive Attack



I finally was able to find a copy of 100th Window, my favorite album by Massive Attack at Grimey’s today. This is my favorite song from the album.

So what have I been doing the past two months? Well, first I stopped working at the Belmont athletic department because my graduate assistantship ended. That stunk because I loved working at Belmont and still consider it a home. Its my alma mater now and I will miss spending time there. Time goes on and I will be at plenty of games and am still friends with everyone over there.

However, the way I tend to operate is that when I separate from a relationship, whether its with a girlfriend, a job, etc. I like to take some time away to reflect on it and go into a state of isolation. That’s what I’ve done and unfortunately that included not writing as much on the Blog.

All of this correlated with the summer, which is a time of relaxation and furthermore, 90% of my content is in sports and besides baseball, this is a slow period in sports. Once football starts, that leads to basketball and hockey and even international club soccer, therefore there will be more material.

So I was relaxing at the house, catching up on my daytime TV (General Hospital has been the business), I started up another Blog, the Sports Inquirer. It was great doing that for a few weeks but the problem now is that I actually have a job now and won’t be able to do multiple posts per day as expected.

The middle of the summer was also getting me down because I was unemployed and that’s never fun. It wasn’t frustrating because it’s a tough job market out there, especially in sports. I’m confident in my skills but for every one of me, there are dozens of others out there like me struggling to find a gig.

Thankfully, about two weeks ago, I got a position at TNA Wrestling here in Nashville in the marketing department. I also get to work with public relations, video production, licensing and even affliliate relations. It’s a great opportunity because I still get to work in communications and its frickin professional wrestling, how great is that? I’m a fan of the wrestling business but also understand how to operate it. I hope to be a part of the organization for a long time.

You know that I keep it pretty honest here on the Blog so you will get details about the job as it comes along but no, I can’t tell you stuff pertaining to the actual product, which means there’s no way that I’m going to tell you if someone is going to beat someone for a title or anything along those lines. You will have to watch TNA iMPACT! every Thursday on Spike.

Was that a cheap plug, maybe, but you really should watch it, even if you’re not a wrestling fan per say. Its entertaining, has drama, the whole deal.

Besides, it is a lot more exciting to watch it for yourself and be surprised at the results. The nature of my job is knowing what’s going to happen in advance of it reaching the audience and I must admit that it does take some of the surprise element out of it. However, almost everything else, you will get it.

Let’s see, what else. No dates this summer. Its been a very slow dating period for me. Between not having a job , spending some necessary family time in Kennesaw and the stuff mentioned above, I guess finding a date wasn’t a priority. Maybe I’ll give Amber or Joan a call and see what’s going on. Actually, both of them are in relationships so that’s out but I’ve moved on from both of them a long time ago.

OK, time to get started on work. Later.

2 comments:

Basher said...

Double J Jeff Jarret ftw!

Al_Roker said...

"The nature of my job is knowing what’s going to happen in advance of it reaching the audience and I must admit that it does take some of the surprise element out of it."

No. It would take ALL the surpise out of it.