Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday Reflections (on a Monday)


Hey everyone, its time for those Sunday Reflections.

Music to Listen to: Machine Gun by Band of Gypsies


I forgot to mention the release of their live album in 1970 as a good musical moment in my last post. So, for that omission, enjoy the song above.

-I’m so glad college athletics is back in action. I’ve been bored with sports in the last month or so outside of the X Games, a mixed martial arts event or something in that vein. The Major League baseball season is way too long and I know that the pennant races are getting better but let’s get football going, along with soccer and volleyball as well.

It is strange seeing the fall sports for college start up and not being directly involved in it. This will be the first time in four years that I’m not involved with college athletics. While I do enjoy having my weekends and even some weeknights back, I do miss the action.

-I just finished watching the season premiere of Tool Academy on VH1. Its awful TV but I’m not going to take shame in watching it. I do take it too seriously though. I spend a lot of time overanalyzing the relationships and come to the same conclusion wondering why these seemingly decent women put up with these losers for boyfriends. However, when you look at the deeper picture, the girlfriends are mostly not innocent themselves. Good show.

-I have no interest in watching the Jay Leno show.

-I saw the DVD documentary on Mr. Perfect, one of my favorite wrestlers ever, and it was tremendous. Working at TNA Wrestling has made me nostalgic for my early days as a wrestling fan, which dates back to the late 1980’s. During this time, I was a big fan of WWE, especially the Intercontinental championship division. You had Tito Santana, Macho Man, Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Honky Tonk Man, Mr. Perfect, etc. Everyone was hyped about Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior, but their matches weren’t good and I wanted to see good technical matches, which the IC division gave me.

Mr. Perfect’s gimmick was great and it worked because it was an extension of how he was in his normal life. Those are the best wrestling characters.

-I haven’t given you an update on my fantasy football draft because its still in progress, but when it finishes, I will give you news about it.

-Well, that’s all for my short Reflections. I missed out on doing an MMA Review, so that has to be done this week. Also, since college football begins on Thursday, a preview will come up. Finally, I saw an interesting item on the internet about why no one will be watching baseball 20 years from now and I agreed to a point. I’ll tell you why.

Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

meggie said...

guess what, they seem to have changed the damn research textbook!!! i am so pissed, because the new one seems to be a $70-80 book, WTF!!! i'll find out for sure tonight in class.