Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday Reflections





What’s going on everybody! Man, it feels so good to post on Pourtout Pancakes again after taking a break. I was going to write something on Friday but pushed it back to my Reflections. First, some business

Music to listen to: Soft Tempest by Symbion Project



You know that I had to come back with some chill music.



Crush of the Day: Zoe Saldana

First, she is in the new Star Trek movie that I really want to see. However, if you come up to me giving me the Vulcan salute, I will live long and prosper while kicking your ass. I don’t play that.

Anyway, back to Zoe…


Yeah, she was born in Jersey, but raised in Queens and I could have told you that just looking at her and seeing her vibe. You can tell a New Yorker just by the way he or she carries themselves. I remember seeing her in Drumline and saying to myself, “yeah, I’d like to impregnate her.” My feelings haven’t changed

-I was talking with the People’s Champion on Friday and he found the term “impregnate” offensive, as in I see a girl that I’m interested in and go up to her and say that I want to impregnate her. As George Costanza would say, is that wrong?

-I’m going to hit on this tomorrow, but why is everyone shocked that Manny Ramirez got pinched for taking a performance enhancing drug? Never, ever trust in athletes, politicians and celebrities in general.

One more thing. If I hear one more statement that generally comes back to “think of the children” or “what will I tell my kid,” stop being a pussy…cat and keep it real with your kids. Don’t sugarcoat anything. Your kid shouldn’t be idolizing any celebrity anyway so they won’t be disappointed. Furthermore, your kid needs to man up or woman up and realize that people suck and cheat to get ahead in life. Stop babying your kids and raising a set of pussy…cats. More on this Monday.

-Surreal feeling attending my final graduate school class ever on Thursday. I had a class presentation, finished it and then sitting with my buddy, Mr. Kentucky at Taboulis, it hit me that I won’t be participating in a class again for probably a long time.

I won’t miss the work in so much as spending time with my friends. When you spend as much time as you did with them, you would feel the same way.

It doesn’t feel like I’m finished yet because first, I don’t get my diploma until Friday. Second, I still have at least two weeks of baseball season to complete, hopefully more. Once that ends, I think I will feel like it’s over.

-Its looking like I’m going to be in Nashville for a bit, at least through the summer. That’s not a terrible thing. I can use some downtime and enjoy this city.

-I stayed in all of Saturday and got suckered into watching the entire first season of Tool Academy, a reality show that was on VH1. It was a show about eight terrible girlfriends who tricked their men to go through a boot camp of sorts to become better men. At first, I was saying to myself, “why are these nice women with these losers.” Then, you watch the show and you realize that its not all on the guys. Some of the women have issues as well. Each of the relationships are built on false hopes and promises. By the end, the Tools weren’t always the guys it was some of the women as well. I was intrigued tremendously by this show.

Similar to Tough Love, another show on VH1 that I found intriguing, I was interested in seeing things from the prospective of women. Granted, reality TV isn’t the best indicator of what anyone is thinking based on sex, race, sexuality, etc. but it can give a little insight.

When I was watching the first episode or two of Tool Academy, I was genuinely pissed that assholes like those guys were dating beautiful women when I struggle tremendously to find dates and I’m a good guy with a lot of qualities. But after seeing the entire season, I understand why most of those women stuck with those guys and wanted to see them do better.

-Nothing beats a lazy Saturday at home.

-Quick thoughts on the playoffs of both the NBA and NHL

1) Stop crying like a bitch Sidney Crosby. I’ve been enjoying the Caps and Penguins series very much but when Crosby complained about the Capitals fans throwing too many caps on the ice after Ovechkin got a hat trick, I became a huge Caps fan. I hate bitchiness and complaining, especially in sports and that was an example of it. I definitely think that Crosby is feeling jealously from all of the attention that Ovie is getting.

I think that both guys are excellent and talented in their own ways. I also think that there is some xenoism against Ovie. OK, I know what sexism and racism is but whatever the term is for bias against someone of foreign descent, that’s what some people have against Ovie, especially that loser Don Cherry. Yeah, I said it.

2) Get ready for a Cleveland vs. Denver NBA Finals folks.

3) I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching the NHL playoffs. I was in on a Saturday night watching Vancouver vs. Chicago. I wasn’t doing this two years ago.

-You know, the Tapout has been ok but its been getting ridiculous with the amount of co-workers, friends and other associates in general that are either in a serious, long term relationship, engaged, married and/or have children, starting families.

Its gotten to the point where I have the feeling that I’m never going to have a long-term relationship or be married in a year. It seems like I’m heading towards one or the other.

I always feel that way around my birthday, which is next Friday, especially since I’m turning 28. If you look at my entire family, everyone of them were on at least kid number two by now and starting families. I’m not even close to that. There’s some internal pressure about it, keeping it honest here.

So what does all of this mean? I guess the Tapout is ending.

The lone ranger thing is good and all but I would like to go though this journey of life with someone special in my life.

Each of you from your offices or homes may say Aww right now, I’ll wait…

Ok, back to this. The key to it all is that you can’t force a relationship but you can’t sit idly by and wait for it to come to you. You truly have to be passively aggressive or aggressively passive, which ever one works.

So, yes, the Tapout is over and ladies, be prepared for the Magic, whatever that means.

Furthermore, with graduation, my pool of women has increased and I have more free time. Its on like Donkey Kong in a thong. What? You never said that back in your school yard. Only me I guess.

OK, time to get some rest. Here’s what to expect this week.

Monday: My thoughts on Manny being Manny while using female fertility drugs and why the dislike for Ovie in the NHL goes deeper than you think.

Tuesday: Why proms are a complete waste of time

Wednesday: Cleaning out the links and/or Reflections

Thursday-Friday: Your boy is graduating so I’ll try to have something up on Friday in some form but no promises.
Saturday: A darn proper version of MMA Review

Sunday: Reflections/MLB Review

Until then peoples, have a good fight and a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!