Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just writing...






Hey everyone, its been a few days since I’ve written on the Blog and I really don’t have a particular topic to address, so I’ll hit on some general topics of life. But first, you know what time it is:


Music to listen to: Basique by Little People


I also would recommend Moon from this same group off of the same album, Mickey Mouse Operation.


Crush of the Day: I know that in my last post, I promised the Crush of the Day would be someone who is a volleyball player that most of us know and love and one of my aims in life is to not disappoint my readers. With that, I give you…


Dania Ramirez. She was an excellent player at Montclair State back in the early 2000’s. First, she’s from the NYC, so props for that. I actually remember her from the brutal Spike Lee movie, She Hate Me. Her more current claims to fame are being in one of the X-Men films and is Maya on Heroes, which I didn’t watch but will do now since I know she’s on it.


She came upon my radar because I was watching the unveiling of the Maxim Hot 100 list and she’s on it.


Speaking of that list…


-I need to seriously write a letter to Maxim. I’m a subscriber to the magazine and when I got my copy in the mail I don’t have the Top 100 list!! What’s up with that. Anyway, the list is always entertaining because it’s good debate material for you and your buddies. Here’s the complete list for your interest: http://www.maxim.com/girls/articles/79154/2009-hot-100.html.


You can really tell what type of woman your friend likes just by his analysis of the choices. Here’s my quick-fire opinion of the top-10:


10) Jennifer Love Hewitt: I’ve always been a big fan of hers since Party of Five (anyone, anyone?). I never understood the backlash on her when she gained some weight. She is welcome at the Pourtout household anytime. Also, Ghost Whisperer. Not a bad show. Not appointment TV, but decent.


9) Jordana Brewster: Awesome name first of all. I’m hot and cold on her. Perfect example was when I watched the latest classic, Fast and Furious, and one moment I’m thinking, I would like to impregnate her in a wholesome way and the next moment, I think I’ve seen hotter women walking around Green Hills Mall on a Tuesday afternoon.


8) Rihanna: She’s cute. I’m not going to kick her out of the Pourtout mansion but I don’t get the hype.


7) Adrianna Lima: First, congrats Marko Jaric. Not only were you able to get her to date her while you’re a marginal NBA guard for the Minnesota Timberwolves no less, you managed to get engaged to her and now we find out today that you actually impregnated her, literally. Tremendous work. For those of you who don’t know.


Here’s the lovely couple together:



Moving on...


6) Eliza Dushku: Yes! Yes! Yes! I’ve been harping her praise for years and finally she is getting some love.


5) Mila Kunis: Not only is she in my personal top-five, she is in Maxim’s top-five. Great minds think alike.


4) Malin Akerman: Umm…not as familiar with her work. Actually, she was in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, so now I remember her. She’s cute but she wouldn’t make my top-15.


3) Bar Refaeli: Normally, if someone is good enough for Sports Illustrated to make their swimsuit issue cover girl and for Leo to date, I would co-sign. But if I’m being critical, I can do better.


2) Megan Fox: When I was kicking in Georgia with my nephew Alex back during Christmas, he just said to me, “Uncle Pouchu (yes, that’s what he calls me), Megan Fox, theirs something off about her.” I think that says it all. She’s cute but I’m not ready to give her the crown as hottest woman out there. Until I saw this video, which may be NSFW: http://www.esquire.com/the-side/video/megan-fox-video?bcpid=21913413001&bctid=21845810001


Yeah, she hot.


1) Olivia Wilde: I’m actually shocked that she topped this list. There are some heavy hitters in there. I personally think that she was hotter in the OC with the blond hair instead of the brunette look she’s rocking in House, but congrats to her nonetheless.


-Some other quick-fire thoughts.


1) Heidi Montag is #81. Are you F’N kidding me! Yvonne Strahovski is #94, Olivia Munn is #96, Roselyn Sanchez is #90, Minka Kelly is #84. This list just lost major street cred with this one.


2) Tricia Helfer should be higher


3) Amanda Bynes is solid and has snuck up on me. However, I must give The People’s Champion props for placing her on my radar.


4) How is the future Mrs. Pourtout aka Maria Menunos only #70. Unacceptable.


5) Carrie Underwood is hit and miss for me. #60 is about right. I think she’s too tiny. I would crush her if you catch my drift.


6) Good to see Christina Milian make the list.


7) Taylor Swift is #50. She wouldn’t even make my top-100.


8) Frieda Pinto should be much higher than #49.


9) Shocked in a good way that Lily Allen was ranked #40. Something about her I like.


10) And finally, #20 is going to be my Crush of the Day tomorrow.


I wanted to get into some NBA and other things but its bedtime.


Tomorrow, I will finally try to break down this whole Kobe Bryant vs. Lebron James battle and just like the Maxim list, who you prefer as a player says a lot about you personally.


Furthermore, I’m going to finally see Star Trek tomorrow and also looking forward to the Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United. As an Arsenal fan, I have to go with Barca. First, the day I cheer for United will be the day I stop being a soccer fan. Second, I know he’s not a Gunner anymore but I will always cheer for Thierry Henry.


Until then sports fans, good fight and good night.

1 comment:

TheKidFromElBarrio said...

Etienne, another insightful post. Dania is extremely hot. And for some reason, I think we may see Orlando vs Denver in the finals.