Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunday Reflections on a Monday



Relaxing on a Sunday with some Reflections to share:

Music to listen to: Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco Twister by Minus the Bear

Been enjoying this song along with some others from Minus the Bear this weekend. The guitar playing in this track is beastly on so many levels.
On to the Reflections…
-Enjoyed the Ultimate Finale for the UFC on Spike on Saturday night. Disappointed in the Kimbo Slice and Houston Alexander match. It seemed like both guys were trying too hard to be technical fighters. Both of those guys are strikers and brawlers and none of that was shown in the fight. They would have been better just going in there and swinging for the fences. Jon Jones will be the lightweight champion in the UFC in two years and his domination of Matt Hamill showed this potential. He should have been disqualified for his illegal elbows, that was the right decision. Respect to Roy Nelson, he can fight and is now the winner of the competition.
-Seeing Tim Tebow crying after the SEC Championship brought me a level of joy that was scary to feel. When the cameras went to the Florida sidelines and went to Tebow in tears, I literally shouted out as loud as I could, and I’m paraphrasing, “Ha Ha Ha, sucks for you, you loser. I hope you feel this pain the rest of your life. I’ve never liked you and deserved to lose. Ha Ha Ha.”
First, yes, I do laugh like that. Second, I’ve never had anything personally against Tebow the guy. He’s a great player, even though the greatest player of all-time talk is a little much, lets let that argument breathe for about five years. I even avoid getting into the whole “will he be a good NFL quarterback” argument. I don’t think he will be right now, should be drafted in the second to third round, given two years to develop and we’ll see what happens. Plus, let the man finish his college career before all of that happens.
I’ve just been overwhelmed with the media attention on him and it was good to see him taken down a peg. The media makes it seem like he’s the only good guy playing college football on and off the field. They make him seem like he’s the only athlete that does things such as his mission work, which in itself is a very good thing and props to him for doing it. I spent two years at Belmont where student-athletes are doing the same activities and didn’t even get 1/1,000,000 of the attention, even though I don’t thing that they do it for the attention.
My point is that he’s just an elite athlete. Let’s lay off the sainting of him, pun very much intended.
However, I didn’t expect to have that natural raw emotion seeing another man cry. I have many moments of tears, in fact, I had a good cry this past Saturday. He was in a vulnerable spot, so why the joy in seeing the sadness of another man who I’ve never met before and have no reason for malice towards? Discuss
-Saturday night was also an enjoyable time because of two excellent conference title games, for different reasons.
The Big 12 title game was entertaining in the fact that the offense in the contest was offensive. Texas looked terrible, I don’t care what anyone says. Nebraska has an excellent defense, especially Suh, but the Longhorns should have done better than that. Furthermore, McCoy avoided what would have been the biggest blunder in a major college game since Chris Webber in the NCAA Basketball National Title game over 15 years ago (who out there feels a little older right now, I remember exactly where I was for that moment). How do you throw the ball out of bounds like that, with one timeout, and leaving yourself only one second. That was way too close.
I honestly watched more of the ACC title game because I’m a Georgia Tech fan and wanted to see it win a conference championship. That was a fun game because of the offensive display, especially from C.J. Spiller. That guy is a beast and darn near carried his team to the win. Unfortunately, everyone was watching the Big 12 title game, which is understandable, so this contest is getting overlooked.
-BTW, if I had a vote for the Heisman, which I think has become overrated as an award, this is how it would shake out for me:
1) Suh
2) Spiller
3) Toby Gerhart
4) Colt McCoy
5) Mark Ingram
And for all of you lovers of you know who… 6) Tebow
The award, to me, goes to the best player that year, no matter what your record or position on the field is. Suh has been the best player in college football this season. This isn’t an award to the best quarterback or the best player on the best team or even the most valuable player.
For MVP awards, I think you have to pick the player most valuable to the success of his team, not necessarily the best player. I don’t look at the Heisman as an MVP award.
-I’ve recently started Tweeting again and am enjoying it very much. Follow me, my name is SportsInquirer, all one word.
-This may be a bold statement for all of my reality TV fans out there, but Jersey Shore may have the potential to be the best one EVER! So much went on in the premiere that it may warrant its own post.
-Can’t stand the New York song by Jay-Z.
OK, time to relax, talk to y’all later.

2 comments:

Basher said...

Dude Schnickers is the hottest. And Mike "the buisness" ain't got nothing!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://murudobaros.net/][img]http://murudobaros.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]windows xp activation crack, [url=http://murudobaros.net/]edition software discounts[/url]
[url=http://murudobaros.net/]education discount microsoft office[/url] nero download filemaker pro 9 hybrid academic
educational discount for software [url=http://murudobaros.net/]downloadable phone software[/url] software discount game software
[url=http://murudobaros.net/]acdsee 7 license key[/url] nero updates
[url=http://murudobaros.net/]crack for filemaker pro 9[/url] cheapest software prices
buy photoshop 6 [url=http://murudobaros.net/]software resellers in the[/b]