Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunday Reflections (on a Tuesday...sad, I know)





Hey everyone, hope you’re doing well out there. Once again, sorry for not posting more consistently. It was a busy few day for me with graduation, preparing for baseball, etc.

Furthermore, I had some technical issues with my computer but hopefully that has been fixed as well.

However, its time to get to some business

Music to listen to: Prayers for England by Massive Attack



This is another classic that I love to play when I’m reflecting. Enjoy


Crush of the Day: Alyssa Milano

I figured that since I haven’t written on the Blog in a long time, I would make the Crush an oldie but still a goodie. We all started to feel her on Who’s The Boss and subsequent movies, however two things brought her back to my light.

First, there’s that ESPN commercial about their Web page and the end shot is of Alyssa making trades on her fantasy baseball team. First, props to her for getting in on her own joke. When you date Barry Zito, Brad Penny and Carl Pavano, three starting pitchers, you are a cleat chaser. Sorry, it is what it is. At least she sorta acknowledges it. Second, thank you ESPN because she’s hot.

The other thing that reminded me of her was flipping the channels in our hotel room today and coming upon Charmed, an underrated show that I wish I got into more. Plus, she’s from Brooklyn. That gets her major points.

Some Random Observations for you:

-Wow, graduation weekend was interesting. The ceremony was great for two reasons.

First, it was good for the family to come up to Nashville and see me in that moment. The past two years here have been challenging and difficult. However, through this I’ve grown so much as a person and going to school has been a big impetus for this. I wanted my family to see the culmination of this.

Second, it was the last time that I would be in the same room with all of my classmates who have become some of my best friends here. I will miss them. We all went through the same experiences together and they will each have a major part in the rest of my life.

For many years, it was a struggle for me to find other people who shared the same interest as me both personally and professionally. Going to school gave me a network of people who did this for me.

The ceremony was bittersweet in that regard. I was of course very happy that I was getting my degree and school was finished. However, I will miss having time with them in the classroom.

-I’m picking the Nuggets to beat the Lakers in seven and Cleveland to beat Orlando in six.

-The past few weeks, I’ve been getting back into watching the WWE and enjoying wrestling again. I know that its staged and its acting, but the entertainment value is always high.

This actually started a few weeks ago when I did a group project on the WWE for my finance class. Over time, I began to start watching Raw again and loving it again.

-Michael finally woke up on General Hospital. This has some potential.

OK, that’s all for tonight, just wanted to post something up on here. I’ll try to have a sports specific post tomorrow. Until then, good fight and good night everybody.

No comments: